To continue the discussion on raid spots, I wanted to break it down further for everyones understanding. Flawless leadership does everything they can to ensure a fair, unbiased experience for all members. Everything below is the result of every attempt at that fairness.
*Please review the attendance/roster spreadsheet when reading this, for full understanding.*
How does the this sheet work?
You will find 12 columns under "Member Information"
- Name, Class, Guild rank being exactly as they sound.
- Build is to help us understand which buffs you may provide to the raid via your spec.
- Role, is that of TANK/DPS/HEALER.
- Items Acquired is the loot received total
- Highly Contested Items is the loot total received that is either needed by a lot of players, is BiS for many players or has a rare chance to drop.
- Seniority Guild Attendance is your attendance overall vs the time the guild has been raiding, this only shows us how long you've been in the guild vs others.
- Personal Attendance is your raid attendance since joining, this is what is used vs seniority.
The roster tab, shows the primary roster. If you are on this list, and are on time, you are guaranteed a raid spot. This is normally comprised of the most senior and dedicated members.
The attendance record is a list of all members of the guild, their guild attendance records pers date. Overall attendance is kept for historical record to see who has been raiding in the guild the longest, Attendance since first raid is their attendance since the first time they raided with us, or were counted as present for raid.
When does Flawless raid?
Raid Times/Days of the Week
We raid Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday 8pm to 11pm. (Invites start exactly at 7:30pm for pull at 8:00pm). You should be at Kargath or Brackenwall Village at invitation time, repairs, with all consumables needed.
We ran a survey across the entire guild we requested everyone to fill out. From that survey we extrapolated the above as the best possible times for the guild, with the highest possible attendance. There is no changing or altering of this at this point. If you cannot make certain raid days, you may be replaced once another members attendance is higher. This is only way to reward members for making every raid possible. If you cannot make these days, we will hold no malice towards you if you need to make a change to another guild whom you can. It's completely understandable.
How do raid invitations work?
Raid Invitation Schedule:
- 7:30pm Senior Operators will automatically be invited.
- 7:40pm Healers and tank spots being filled from fill pool.
- 7:45pm DPS spots being filled from fill pool.
- 7:50pm Raid Moves to Instance
- 8:00pm Buffs and Pull Begins.
If you're online after 8:00pm, attendance is not counted as present. It is your job to notify an officer that you were here and present before 8:00pm.
What is our Molten Core composition?
We have a particular raid composition to help cover the entire Molten Core instance.
- 4 Tanks /10 Healers / 12 Melee DPS / 14 Ranged DPS 4 Tanks (Close to possible needs)10 Healers (Just over what we need of 1 per group)12 Melee DPS (Half of DPS)14 Ranged DPS (Half of DPS)3 Warlocks (Gar and trash banish)3 Hunters (Tranq shots)5 Mages (Domo encounter and decurses)Other classes for buffs (totems, class buffs, spec buffs etc.)
How do I become a Senior Operator?
Attendance is the short answer. Many members have worked this way into the core raid team, just based on attrition or being present more often than other members. If you are dedicated, you can
Are we going to run a second raid?
The short answer is no. The logistics to keep a raid running as fair as possible is a painstaking process and involves a lot of time. I stare at a spreadsheet for upwards of 15hrs a week. Trying to keep raid lockouts sorted, based on different days with over 100 members is a logistical nightmare, all the while trying to keep to the values of the guild overall in regards to fairness. Two loot councils, two attendance records, two sets of officers. If it were easy and could be kept fair, we would do it. But we feel this is not possible.
How else are we addressing overcrowding?
Well, we are still fresh into raids, and about to be considered on farm status. After certain members receive the gear they want and really don't need anything further, we will begin sitting those members, granting them full attendance, and pulling in those that need. This will give those that haven't made it to Senior Operator, a chance to receive loot at no penalty to the Senior Operator.
As you can see, we take the happiness and fairness of our members extremely seriously. We cannot make everyone happy, we can only do our best for the majority. If you feel we are not serving your best interests, please speak to an officer in a calm, understanding manner and we will do what we can to help. But if all else fails, we might just not be the best fit for you. We understand that, an we wont hold it againist you. We'll do our best if you stick it out to make your Classic Wow experience the best it can be.